Whew, by the very skin of my teeth, I have finished off the October UFO, allowing me to continue to brag about finishing 100% of my UFOs this year.
This picture doesn't look very much different from the picture I shared at the beginning of the month. Different bed, but you really cannot see the borders, which is all that I have had to work on to achieve the finish. It became a rather large quilt with the addition of the borders, so let's have some other views.
I stopped working on this quilt back in 2014 when I realized that the border was going to be so intricate and involved. I was just all too ready to be done, and didn't want to face the extensive piecing yet required to finish according to directions. Given a 3-year break from it, I tackled it this month, and although I did make some minor alterations to the pattern, I did finish it close to the original plan.
I will come back tomorrow with more complete details on this finish. It's time for supper, and I need to be in the kitchen!! I will take the time to link with the One Monthly Goal at Elm Street Quilts blog. Whew. I barely made it!
Happy Quilting, Friends!