Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Scrappy Stars

Three days into October and I find myself in that place where I have finished up some big stuff, have more big stuff to tackle, yet I am not quite ready to face it just yet.

So, I play.

Scrappy Stars, the pattern by Thimble Blossoms, seems to keep me entertained at the moment. Those sweet little 5" blocks are just so easy and fun, and by going scrappy with them I am allowed to grab any random fabric that strikes my fancy and work at making some magic with it. Here are my most recently made stars. All in all, I have made 8.




By zooming in on them like this you get to see that I have not been particularly diligent at matching those intersections in the center. From a distance they are fine, but close inspection - well, that's another story. I may try pinning more accurately, but truly in the scheme of things, those won't bother me too much after they join the other 142 stars. Yeah, I have a ways to go.

What I ought to be doing is digging out the parts and pieces for finishing off the October UFO. And I need to get going on quilting the baby quilt that Emma and I made on Sunday. As long as I'm itemizing things, coming up on Saturday is History Day in Greenfield and I am once again going to demonstrate hand quilting, so I need to get that project all ready to go.

With a sizable list of "oughta' do's" I seem to be very content with playing in the stars. I'm gonna' have to get in gear here shortly.

Linking up today with Free Motion By the River for her Tuesday Linky Party.

Hope you get a chance to take some time to play!
Happy Quilting, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!