Sunday, October 8, 2017

Upper Respiratory Infection

Throw me a pity party??

Since Wednesday, I have been suffering mightily, readers. After living with DH and his 13-day bout with a respiratory infection, I figured it must not be a contagious thing or I surely would have caught it. On the 14th day, I did. And boy, has it packed a wallop. I got my antibiotic early on in the hopes that I would catch it before it got as bad as hubby's. Well, perhaps in duration, mine will be shorter, but the effects have kept me housebound for four days. Energy to sew?? Barely an ounce.

I glue-basted some hexies one evening. Sewed some hexies another evening. Made three scrappy stars today. Each effort was exhausting.

I had to miss sewing on Friday morning with the Frankfort Girls, doggone it. I had some stuff to share and always love being with those gals. Terry sent me a picture of one of her recent finishes. Since I haven't taken photos of my small recent accomplishments, I will devote this post to comparing three versions of the same quilt.

Long Road Home by Red Crinoline Quilts is a quilt that I first saw when Sheryll showed us her finish of it back in 2011. I went bananas for it, and so did Terry; she then suggested that we make one together. I was all in. Below is Sheryll's version.



As things often do for quilters, some projects get going right away while others have to wait their turns. I did start pretty soon after that initial discussion, but it took me about 4 years to finish it. Mine looks quite different, too, as I did not have nearly the variety of neutrals required for the setting blocks. Because I was trying to use from the stash, I decided that I would simply use what I had in very scrappy fashion.

Here's my version of Long Road Home - hand-quilted! Yeah, I did, and it took me forever.


And now we can add Terry's to our collective efforts. Hers, like Sheryll's, is much more in keeping with the pattern as designed.


I have always been fascinated by the different looks a pattern can take simply by the choice and placement of fabrics and colors. I love this quilt in both the original pattern and in my "off-the-rails" version.

Hopefully, I will be back tomorrow with improved health and an update on my meager stitching.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

4 comments:

  1. I love the original version of Long Road, but now seeing yours, I am converted!! Lovely fabrics. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Said a little prayer for your speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually like your version better. Beautiful quilts!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!