Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Claudia Update

Sometime last week, I received a couple of emails from Claudia with pictures of her recent sewing. She simply amazes me in how far she has come in her sewing and quilting journey. About a month earlier, she took a mystery class at Creations Sew Clever in Chillicothe. While she did not get to finish her quilt that day, she has finished it now, and here is her quilt top all ready for layering and quilting.


She asked me about how to have this quilted, and I deferred to my standard - loose meandering. I know there are some fantastic long-arm quilters who create works of art with their stitching. I don't have that vision, which I guess can be developed over time. Would you have given her a different answer?

She sent this picture, too, of a little repair project she tackled. It appears to be a resoundingly successful effort.


She recovered a pair of old visors with some colorful patriotic fabric, and added embellishments for amping up the glam factor. They look great!

Great job, Claudia! You just keep on impressing me with all you are willing to tackle!

Happy Quilting, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!