Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Progress on my 30s Sampler

Just a quick post today as I am doing a bit of catching up on some details I've let slide for a month or so.

The first loose end I addressed was catching up on the sampler quilt I am making using my little stash of 1930s prints. I have shared previous blocks, but I will pull them all together here for a comprehensive look.


The 6 blocks above will be augmented by 6 more in the coming months. At some point, I will make setting blocks using a stepping stone pattern. You may note that all but one of these blocks is a single color with white. That one block in the bottom corner has two colors with white. I plan to intersperse a few more like this (two colors plus white) so that there is a nice even balance in the whole quilt.

My decision about what color to use for the stepping stones will probably be made based on my available yardage. So far, my blocks have all come from remnant fabric. I do not have big cuts of any 30s prints, so short of buying fabric I may have to create multi-colored setting blocks.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!