Thursday, April 9, 2020

Something Other Than Masks

I have been rather quiet around here lately because all I've been sewing is masks. That only has so much appeal for content, you know what I mean?

This picture was taken a couple of days ago when our temperatures were in the 70s. Just look at that sky! Our magnolia was just beginning to open its blooms.


So I finished the last of the masks yesterday, and we took a drive to a halfway point between here and Columbus where we met Emma and Geoffrey to hand off all the masks - 50 of them! Whew. I am glad to have them done. I may make more, especially if the need continues. For now, though, I am taking a long break.


We have had a beautiful spring here in Ross County, Ohio. I love walking out to the woods to take pictures of wildflowers. It's just so exciting to see the changes that occur from day to day. Since this is really the only other thing I've been photographing, I figured I'd bring you along for a little explore. Let's go!

Spring Beauty
Bloodroot
Purple Trilliums
Bluebells
Trout Lily (aka Dogtooth Violet)
Cutleaf Toothwort
Now for further exciting news from our house - we have a new garden feature! This pergola was installed yesterday, and we are so eager to finish the gardens and landscaping around this space.


It leads from our backyard into what once was a pretty thickly wooded area. However, the trees were mostly ash, and those are all dying (emerald ash borer); DH has been cutting the dead trees and now enough space has been opened up that it can't really be considered wooded any longer. He is trying to establish some gardens in there.


We envision some wisteria or clematis trailing over this structure. Maybe a hanging flower basket or two. I think there will be some bricks installed underneath to create a path.

I hope you are making the most of your "shelter at home" time. We seem to be doing okay here.
Happy Quilting, Friends!

1 comment:

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!