Friday, April 10, 2020

Bona Fide Quilting!

Happy Good Friday greetings to you all!

After a couple of weeks of masks and scrappy quilt sewing, last evening I loaded a baby quilt into the frame and quilted it up!

First, new needle and a bit of lint cleaning - I still need to figure out oiling. But I had no issues, and was done in a flash.

Loaded and basted across the top.

All systems GO!

Finished without incident. Baby quilts are fast.
I say I had no problems while stitching, but there was one stoppage - I ran out of my bobbin thread. I have quilted enough quilts already that I'd emptied my first spool. A milestone!


So today, I will finish the binding then hand this off (at a safe social distance!) to grandma-in-waiting Cheryl, who will deliver it to her son and daughter-in-law. Baby boy is due in just over a month.

Yesterday, I told you about giving all those masks to DDEmma. Well, she posted them on her company's FB page, and here are some of her co-workers modeling a few of them!


Also in that post, I said I was done making masks for awhile. Well, I was wrong. One of my nieces saw the FB post and she asked for masks. As a Vet Tech, she has a need, as well. So back to the sewing machine to make 8 more masks for Lyndsie. They were finished in no time and in the mail by afternoon. She will get them Saturday.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!