Monday, June 29, 2020

Sewing In the Car

You may or may not be aware that DH and I are currently away on vacation. But a sewist doesn't just stop sewing, most of the time anyway. I brought along some hand stitching and have made a bit of progress since Wednesday.





 I am stitching periwinkle blocks using fabrics I got in 2019 while on vacation in Key West, thus my name for this quilt will be Key West Quilt. Original, huh? I wrote about prepping this project here.

My original thought was to mix up all the fabrics in each block. However, I don't have very much variety, so every block would end up being practically the same. I decided to make blocks that contain the same central fabric, and I like this look. I have made a grand total of six blocks! Whoa!
Not very many, but we have had so many great sights to see. I need to soak in all the beauty of the American West!

My first block; mixed look.

Subsequent blocks, uniform look.
The lighting in these photos is lousy. I'm not good with lighting in normal conditions, but put me in a motel room and I can get some really awful lighting! *hah!*

I am, however, loving that a circle forms when the four blocks come together. This quilt will have lots of movement.

Our vacation has been a smashing success thus far. We have traveled over 3300 miles, and we are just now beginning to head back toward home. We have been in ten states so far from Ohio to California. Our return trip will take us to Montana to see cousins. We hope to be home by Friday.

Don't worry that I am broadcasting the fact that we are away from home. We left the house in good hands, as a close friend is staying with our kitty and keeping the plants watered, the mail gathered and the birds fed.

Hope you are getting some stitching done!
Happy Quilting, Friends!



2 comments:

  1. Loving the blocks! Glad to hear you are having a good time. See you next week!❤️ SP

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this top about 20+ yrs ago. It is up on my design wall waiting for inspiration for the quilting design. Mine i have noticed is sort of a "charm" quilt as all my stars are different and my corner pieces are set in in a plain blue as 1 piece not 2. It's very pretty I think and glad I found it after being stored and moved for so long. Way back when it was called Snoball. Have 4 quilts in hoops now to do so it's going be a while before quilting. Maybe by then it will tell me what stitching it would like! Have a good rest of vacay.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!