Sunday, November 29, 2020

A Bit Of Embroidery

 Every now and then it's nice to just sit down and stitch something new for a change. That was my mindset a few weeks ago when I decided to begin a project out of a new book in my collection.

Stitches from the Harvest by Kathy Schmitz is chock-full of enticing projects, and even though we are approaching the end of autumn, I still felt compelled to make something from this fall-themed book.

This will eventually be a pillow cover. Maybe I will have it finished by next fall? I certainly hope so!

Another nice feature of a project like this: it travels well. I can easily take it in the car, and if the road is smooth, I stitch while riding.

Mostly, though, I'm stitching in my comfy chair watching something on TV. With Covid getting all nasty again, some of our sports are being cancelled or postponed. If we don't have a game, we catch up on some Netfix shows, so all is not lost.

I will link up with Kathy's Quilts regular Sunday linky party. Take a look at some of the fabulous Slow Sunday Stitching featured there.

Happy Quilting, Friends!


 




2 comments:

  1. Kathy Schmitz has nice embroidery books, you'll have a lovely pillow. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a great embroidery project. Is that a quilted fabric that you are stitching it on? It will make a great pillow. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!