Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Hello, Old Friend

 In the hubbub of summer activities, Lake Effect has gotten lost in the list of objectives to complete. Now, with winter coming on, I find myself in need of hand stitching for long, dark evenings, and this will fill that time quite nicely.

I have completed the applique on the center panel as well as the top and bottom of the inner border. The next step is to tackle those longer sides of the inner border. (See arrows.)

A few days ago, I taped the template and fabric to the window and traced on the design. I have been using the back-basting method with a good deal of success, so I definitely will continue with this method of applique. 

The first element to go on is that long, undulating vine with the wonky branches. I have the pieces cut and ready to stitch in place. While it results in quite a bit of waste, it's the best way I can think of to get the stem element on there. And the sole reason I bought the fabric was for this purpose, so I won't think about the waste. After it's all cut away, I will take the scraps and cut salvageable squares, so not all will be lost.

Click here and here to see the finished center panel and in-progress upper/lower border.

That's all for today, peeps! Cloudy and dreary, today; more like November is supposed to be. We have had the most beautiful stretch of 70-degree days and I have done my best to appreciate them. Blessings, for sure!

Happy Quilting, Friends!






1 comment:

  1. I'm looking forward to seeing the applique for this quilt, Lake Effect is so pretty! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!