Monday, November 2, 2020

A Bit of Embroidering

 Quilting is not the only needle art I enjoy. I pretty much like all things textiles - and if I gave in to the temptation, I am sure I would have a closet full of yarn and needles and crochet hooks and, well, all the things.

I spent a good amount of time in my early adult years doing counted cross stitch. That gave way to quilting, but I still have a fair amount of patterns and floss. I recently have been picking up embroidery projects and have been working on a little pretty off and on for a couple of weeks.



This is the second little embroidery design I've done from Cozy Blue Handmade. Her designs are sweet and simple, colorfully whimsical. The earlier one I did was a big yellow sunflower. 

So, on this little blue bird design, I completed all the stems yesterday and have done 2 or 3 birds. This will finish fast.

Not much to say beyond that. Had my classes today, and now I have another batch of essays to read and grade. The life of a teacher, you know.

Happy Quilting, Friends!


 



1 comment:

  1. The embroidery is pretty, I look forward to seeing all the blocks completed. Happy grading!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!