Thursday, November 19, 2020

Cranking Out the Churn Dashes

For many, 2020 will forever be remembered as the year of coronavirus. I have one additional thing by which to remember the year: the year of the churn dash.

 Yes, I am still cranking out churn dash blocks like a crazy lady. This time, the measurement is 6.5" unfinished. And they are looking pretty darn cute, I must say. Have I ever met a churn dash I didn't like? I think not!


 The Frankfort Girls are doing an exchange of these blocks next month, so I need to make 42 of these little sweeties to contribute to the fun. I shared the fabrics I'd pulled a couple weeks ago. I'll rerun the picture here.


I spent a good portion of Tuesday cutting out all 42 blocks. I will begin chain-piecing this weekend, but I always seem to want to see what one will look like, so I make one (or 4!) all the way through to get a visual. I love how they look!

A year ago, we did a similar exchange using 9-patch blocks. That was loads of fun, and I am so eager to see the variety of finishes that we will come up with.

Happy Quilting, Friends!



1 comment:

  1. I love those churn dashes - I make the smaller ones, but yours are very nice! Have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!