Sunday, November 1, 2020

Welcome November

November! Let the Christmas music begin! No, no, I jest! In my humble opinion, the holiday tunes can wait until the day after Thanksgiving. 

Okay, with that settled, let's get back to welcoming a new month. What a blustery first day of November we are having here in Ohio! Sounds like winter is gearing up and blowing cold temps our way.


I am half afraid to make goals for this month. I have been pretty lousy about completing those previously established goals, so I may or may not add new ones. Perhaps I'd better just focus on the existing ones.
 

Here is my October collage - I like reviewing the month just past to see all the fun things that went on.

Top Row: We began the month with my mother's birthday. That celebration brought all the siblings together for the first time since the shut-down. I captured a pretty sunset picture over a nearby farm while driving into town one evening. A quick trip to my DH's home town meant we had a chance to do breakfast with his brother Mike and sister Kellie.

Middle Row: One finish was a 14-year-old UFO called Meadow Lily. I actually had to finish it twice, as I discovered a misplaced flower part that I ripped out and fixed. Our annual Hocking Hills weekend was a fun success. The daughters and I all showed up to the cabin wearing nearly identical clothes - totally unplanned! The cabin is nestled in those trees in the final pic of the middle row.

Bottom Row: I will include Sharon's Kites quilt in this month's highlights, as it has been so much fun watching this quilt take shape. I do believe that she will have a finished flimsy this coming week! Next is my 5-inch churn dash quilt. I will have it to the flimsy stage this week. Finally, yesterday, on the last day of October, DH and I took a 3-mile walk on the bike path - it was a magnificent day! Look at that sky!

We watched the Buckeyes last night defeat Penn State. Instead of wasting time on my phone while the game was on I pulled out an embroidery project I'd been saving back. I will share that with you tomorrow, as I plan to work on it more today while we watch the Browns. (I'm so glad football is back!)

Happy November!

And Happy Quilting, Friends!


 


1 comment:

  1. What a lovely roundup...so nice to look back and enjoy the happy looks on the faces. You are productive and accomplish so much including a 3 mile walk. That looks like a beauty of a day for walking.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!