Monday, November 9, 2020

Visiting with the Frankfort Girls

 

I had the honor of hosting the Frankfort Girls on Friday morning and the whole crowd came! We sit around the kitchen table with hand stitching - we eat, we stitch and mostly we talk. And talk. And talk. This bi-weekly gathering is scheduled for 9-noon, yet we were still gabbing away at 1pm. Gracious!

My theory is that we have ceased a lot of our gathering and socializing these last 7-8 months, and when a group does get together, we have much catching up to do! Are you finding that you are missing out on a social life?

Here are some show and tell finishes from two of our group. Terry has been making churn dashes as much as I have these past few months. The pattern for the quilt below has a name, but I am totally drawing a blank on it. is called Churn Me Up. (Thanks, Terry!) The  smaller churns are 6" finished, which is the size I will next be making. I love that the four in the center are surrounded by larger churns. Adds a lot of interest.

 

Jan also had a finish to share. She had finished the Sew-Along quilt we did earlier in the year. Her version omitted a couple of blocks and repeated others. 


I always marvel at how different quilts look because of the variations in color placement. Our lack of rules for this sew-along are resulting in our quilts looking almost unrelated.  If we didn't know that we were all making the same blocks, we'd be none the wiser. 

Just to show you the difference, here are two more from the sew-along. Sharon O's is purple; mine is red and cream.



I have done more sewing this past week, but didn't take time to post anything here. Perhaps this week I will catch you up on my stitching activity.

Happy Quilting, Friends!


 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!