Wednesday, November 18, 2020

My Bonus Sampler

 Back in January, we Frankfort gals entered into a little sew-along. Each of us took turns assigning a basic quilt block month by month. There were very few rules - we could make whatever size we desired and as many as we desired. Easy. As. Pie.

Before I made my first "real" blocks, I made a practice block. I loved it. I decided that with each new block assigned, I would continue to make practice blocks and then I would, in effect, have two quilts when all was said and done. My test blocks were made from my tub of 30s prints on a creamy white background. My first block was this Ohio Star. Can you see why I love it?

As each month passed, I continued to add 30s blocks to my little collection. Just in the last week or so, I made a few extra blocks to come up with a lap sized quilt. I think it is pretty sweet. Have a look.

Since taking this picture, I have added borders. I actually plan to get this quilt loaded onto the long-arm machine in the next day or so to finish it off. Can you believe it? (I can't!)

So, that's my little update for now. I have a few other things to share; just gotta' to make time to share them. 

Happy Quilting, Friends!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!