Friday, October 1, 2021

Hello October!

 


Good gracious! It's October! Can you believe it? It really has come much too fast, in my opinion.

Here we are, though, and I am ready for a new month of quilt making. Plans are coming together for a few finishes, and I can see me approaching that Tin Lizzie quilting machine with more and more confidence.

But before we approach October's projects, let me review September with my monthly collage. My goodness, September was a whirlwind. I had two vacations and still had a couple of quilting finishes, I am proud to report. Let's see the collage.

First Row: I made a mesh bag, then took it for my beach bag to Myrtle Beach when I vacationed with the girlfriends. On the way home, I finally worked on the sewing I took, and stitched a few EPP flowers.

Second Row: On the second vacation, Kevin and I took a scenic tour of New England. We saw Lake Placid, NY, and the bay at Bar Harbor, ME. In the middle, I feature the feline nursery in our garage - the pregnant stray that showed up here in August had 8 kittens. They are being cared for and will hopefully be 're-homed' soon.

Third Row: Moss Glen Falls in Vermont's Green Mountains was a pretty roadside stop to enjoy. Back home, I finished my jelly roll quilt and quilted the pumpkin quilt I made earlier in the summer.

See what I mean about a whirlwind month? Summer vacations have been immense fun. Each month from May through September, we have taken some sort of vacation. From a brief one-night getaway to the big 8-day New England tour, all were so memorable.

I will be back tomorrow with full details on quilting that pumpkin quilt. It was not in my plans to do it, but I sort of had an impulsive moment, and just went for it. I am getting more and more at ease with it, I am happy to report.

Here's to a great October!

Happy Quilting, Friends!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!