Friday, October 29, 2021

Fall Pillow Cases

I have put the blue Kaffe Fassett stars aside for a bit, as I decided on a whim to make new pillow cases for our bed.

I changed out the quilts this week, light blue shams and pillow covers just don't work with the darker colors in my fall quilts.

So I made new ones.

Tell me that you don't agree that fall pillows are needed. Of course! And when one has a closet full of fabrics that will likely never be entirely used for quilts, making pillow cases makes all the sense in the world.

Fabric diving is always a good way to kill an afternoon, so when I went digging around, I found plenty  of options. Here are the fabrics I used.

The light is by Brannock and Patek; the red is by Thimbleberries; the green is by Kansas Troubles. They are all similar vintage - 1997, I believe, is on the selvage of one of them. Gracious...

Ok, so you see that I made the pillow cases; and that leaves a pillow cover for that square pillow in front. That will be the subject of tomorrow's post! *wink*

Happy Quilting, Friends!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!