Saturday, October 2, 2021

A Totally Finished Pumpkin Quilt

In a total surprise to myself, I have a holiday quilt finished in the season it will be needed! I am not known for being timely, so this is a noteworthy accomplishment. *smiles*

The last quilt I did was the baby quilt for nephew Will's little boy. I knew that I needed to clean, oil, change the needle, and whatever other general maintenance one does on a long arm. I am getting better at knowing what to do.

Then I loaded this small quilt, Harvest Pumpkins, that I made with the Frankfort girls back in June. This loading business is another area in which I am growing more confident. I only had to load, remove, and reload this time. On previous quilts, I have repeated that loading process many, many times. 


Quilting went as well as expected. I think some early stitching is less than stellar, but overall I am happy enough with the results.

I have an entire bolt of that beige polka dot fabric in 108" width. I use it as often as possible for backings. 

For binding, I considered using the cut-away edges of the backing. But I sorta' like the variety in the cheddar options, too. What would you have used?

I went with the cheddars. These are fat quarters, so I have lots of seams in the bindings. But it went on easily enough with the diagonal seams that I have been using lately.  I stitched binding yesterday while we Frankfort Girls met at Becky's house. Click here to see a post of some of the other Harvest Pumpkin quilts.

And here are a few random shots of the binding all stitched on and FINISHED! I just can't believe it's done.



Happy Quilting, Friends!







4 comments:

  1. Great finish! So good that you will be able to enjoy it all season!
    HUGS... and stitches

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh, this is lovely - so warm and toasty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely quilt! I would have used the cheddar also. Congrats on a finish and having it finished for the autumn season, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on getting the quilt finished on time!! Very pretty Autumn quilt! The Cheddar tones down the background fabric and gives the quilt a nice frame!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!