Monday, July 25, 2022

Anna Maria Island

Did you know I was away last week? That is the reason for such limiting posting. I prepped two posts before I left and scheduled them. 

While I was gone, my laptop went in for a check-up. I'd been experiencing some problems with it, and of course a part needed to be ordered, and I am still waiting to get it back. In the meantime, I am using DH's laptop. 

A photo dump of beach pictures seems in order, but I won't overdo it.

Our flight out of Columbus Rickenbacker Airport was early Sunday morning, just as a thunderstorm was rolling in. Darned if we didn't have to sit for over an hour on the plane as lightning delayed a timely take-off.

Our destination was a condo on Anna Maria Island, Florida. Such a beautiful place, but exceedingly HOT in July! We really cooked! Thank goodness for those gulf breezes.

At the far end of the condo's gathering room, a wall-sized picture window looked out into Tampa Bay. The shot above (only half of the window!) is an early morning view; at night, we could see the beautifully lit Tampa Bay Bridge, knowns as The Sunshine Skyway Bridge. 


 Most of our days consisted of loading this wagon with beach chairs, a cooler, and an umbrella, and then hauling it all to the beach. The white, silky-smooth sand reflected the sun so brightly, and the water aided in that reflecting - it was almost blindingly bright. Some days, we had occasional clouds; some were cloudless. On the last day, towards evening, we had a rather large thunderstorm, which helped cool temps quite a bit.
When we weren't at the water, we were planning where to go for dinner each evening. We tried a different local establishment every night and didn't have a single disappointment. All meals were tasty, unique, and recommendation worthy. 

Our fanciest dining experience was to the Sandbar Restaurant. Our table was open-air with a canopy covering. All of us had delicious entrees. These gals are neighbors (of sorts; it's farm country here) and we get together regularly to play cards. Sally (standing), Rhonda, me, Mindy, and Dorothy.


While I was away, my niece Abby delivered an early surprise - Boone Allen Baker was born Wednesday, July 20. Mom and baby are doing fine; DH and I went to visit in person yesterday. Such a tiny human! He weighed 7lbs, 13.5oz at birth.

It was a fun week, and now I am ready to get back to sewing! I have a quilt loaded on the long arm machine, and a red and white DIC (double Irish chain) as my current WIP (work in progress). 

I'm glad to be home.
Happy Quilting, Friends!
Jayne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!