Friday, July 8, 2022

Frankfort Girls Show and Tell


A week ago I hosted the Frankfort Girls here for our morning of stitches, coffee and fellowship. Gosh, I love these sessions 9-noon every other Friday. For the first time in literally months all 7 of us were in attendance, and it was extra special. 

Several of the girls had some show and tell goodies to share with us and consequently,  I will now share with you.

Terry showed us her 3-yard quilt. If you recall, ahead of our April retreat, Jan gifted all of us with a pattern book and 3 yards of fabric. Several of us made ours during retreat, and since Terry didn't get to go this year, she has now made hers. Perfect! These are great patterns - so simple, big pieces, easy construction. The resulting quilt is ideal for either a crib quilt or a lap quilt. Perhaps a table quilt, too. And, the books all include directions for using more fabric in the event you want a larger quilt. Love these fall colors.

Sheryll is learning to cross stitch on linen fabric - actually, Becky has been her personal instructor! - and this colonial house and border is her first finish. I can see some beautiful linen creations taking shape under Sheryll's talented hands.

Underscoring how talented Sheryll is with needle and thread, get a look at this Lori Smith applique sampler! The detail! I love stuff like this, but I do not even want to think about all that precise, intricate work.

And speaking of precise, intricate work, take a look at this shop sample Becky has just completed For Old Town Fabrics in Chillicothe. It's the newest pattern by Lynn Wilder of Sew'n Wild Oaks called A Ribbon Runs Through It.

Like Sheryll, Becky's work is also of the impeccable variety, and this quilt would have definitely required extreme precision. The shop is currently offering this as a BOM (Block of the Month). I'm sure sales are boosted when a display is available. It's made with a line of Judy Rothermel fabrics (Marcus) called Return to Elegance.

Becky shared a few of the astounding numbers for this big whopping quilt - 105" square. Each block measures 16" and contains 117 pieces of fabric. Whew. And think of how many must be needed! It blows one's mind just to think of cutting all that out! The sashing strips - those ribbons - contain 20 pieces, and 96 were needed to complete the quilt. Gah! I think this will be one of those quilts I will enjoy looking at; I don't think I have it in me to make one.

I brag on these girls and their incredible sewing skills, and I am so grateful that they include me in their group. What inspiration they provide! And, like Becky teaching Sheryll about stitching on linen, we all still have skills to master and new techniques to try. 

Hope you are having fabulous Friday. It is a gloriously rainy day here, and I'm loving it!

Happy Quilting, Friends!


1 comment:

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!