Saturday, July 30, 2022

Let's Go To a Quilt Show!

The quilt guild over in Circleville, OH, The Good Time Quilters, hosts quite possibly the best quilt show in Ohio. I am not exaggerating. They have been a guild for a whole lotta' years, and have a very active membership. While I am not interested in joining a guild, a few of the gals I sew with regularly are members, so I hear a lot about the group's activities.

The pandemic and lingering shut-downs hampered attendance at functions like quilt shows, but this year's show is one I am glad I didn't miss. I took a little afternoon trip to take in all the loveliness - it did not disappoint!

I took lots of pictures of quilts entered into the show. Rather than talk-talk-talk about all of them, I will let the photos do the work. Enjoy the quilt show!

I mentioned that some friends were in this guild, so we will start with three quilts by Sheryll of the Frankfort Girls. She garnered a couple of ribbons!



Now some random quilts that struck my fancy. Some I liked the colors or the pattern or the simplicity or the uniqueness. No particular order; just pretty quilts.














Each year, one member of the guild is recognized as the feature quilter and a display of that quilter's creations from over the years are highlighted. This is one by this year's feature quilter with ribbons from the year she entered it.

And finally, since the quilts are judged, there is a display of all the top quilts in several categories. Here are the big winners for this year.





You know you enjoyed seeing a few of the quilts displayed at this show. Maybe next year you should plan to go and see them in person! If you love quilts, you are sure to love the show put on by The Good Time Quilters.

Happy Quilting, Friends!





2 comments:

  1. This show would be close enough for my friends and I to drive there. Let us know when it's coming up next year. This sounds like a great day trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing these wonderful quilts. It was fun to see. ;^)

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!