Saturday, July 16, 2022

Fixing Those Eyelashes

 I never want to leave readers hanging, so I am here today to show you that I did manage to fix the disastrous eyelash problem on the batik quilt I quilted on the long arm. Click back here to see the awful reality of the situation.

My new stitches look pretty darn good, and it is my hope that those perforations from the previous stitches will disappear when laundered.

I took several pictures of various parts of the back. The blessing in all this is that the design on the batik hides the perforations rather well when viewed from a normal distance. These close-up looks enhance the issue, obviously.

For those who have never taken a quilt off the long arm to remove bad stitching, then returned said quilt to the long arm for finishing - it's not fun! I feel like I made a real mess of the meandering stitches, especially when I inadvertently ran into stitches from the original go-around. Once again, that busy look of the batik fabrics, both front and back, help to diminish the quilting.

The front?? You have not seen it yet. This quilt is a gift, and I am only willing to give you a sneak peak at this point.

Do you know that I now have loaded another quilt onto the long arm, and the first pass of quilting needs to be removed because of eyelashes?!? Waaahhh! At least I caught it before doing the entire quilt. I will be removing stitches today.

I do hope you are having a great Saturday! Our day began cloudy and cool, but it now looks as though the sun will clear those clouds away.

Happy Quilting, Friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!