Friday, July 29, 2022

Red and White Double Irish Chain

Finally, I have finished something in the quilting room. What with traveling and a plethora of summer activities, sewing and quilting have had to play second fiddle around here. This classic quilt will be one to be proud of, I do believe.

There's absolutely no prettier combination than red and white for a quilt, would you agree? This is my opinion - until I see a blue and white quilt, or a pink and white quilt, or a purple and white quilt.

Hmmm. Maybe what I like is simply two-color quilts. Do a Pinterest search of 'two-color quilts' and see if you agree.


 Do you want to see more? I took plenty of pictures, heh-heh. Evening light coming in the window casts some long shadows, but it's still pretty.

At present, I do not have borders on this quilt. I am considering adding them, though. I have plenty of both fabrics, so why not? I will chose an easy border, so just a bit of additional time will get the job done.

Here are a couple of shots of my progress. I pinned rows onto my design wall as I went; it is so very motivating to see it come together.


I made a few of the setting blocks over at Terry's house on Tuesday.  It was fun sewing with her in her sewing room.

So what to do next? After doing borders on this, I need to quilt about 3 quilts (or more!), and I am absolutely chomping at the bit to start something new!!

My laptop is fixed, at last! DH picked it up for me today. Maybe I can get back on some sort of regular posting schedule. 

Happy Quilting, Friends!




2 comments:

  1. Your Irish chain is so pretty! Some beautiful quilting design will look lovely in those larger white squares, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like 2 color quilts too. So many ideas--so little time.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!