Sunday, February 26, 2023

Slow Stitching Those Hexies

 My hexie garden grows bigger, bit by bit. Adding on that outer round of color really makes all the difference. Here's my little partial flower from last Sunday, in its blooming process. Getting its inner surround and needing its outer layer.

And now that I'm home and near my "stash," I find the prettiest of the pretties to add on.

The outer layer gives the flower a bit of subtle "pop." The eventual quilt will have flowers that are bright and bold, while others - like the one above - will be soft and muted. I suppose lots of actual gardens bloom like this - a haphazard array of colors of varying intensity. That will certainly describe the quilt that will someday result here. All my flowers are strewn out here - 26 total!

I saw the prettiest antique Grandmother's Flower Garden quilt recently on Instagram. It does me good to see them pop up on my feed from time to time because it motivates me to keep going. The stitching is so slow, and I know many hours of continued stitching are yet ahead of me. Thinking about getting to a finish can be daunting! Click on the picture caption to be taken to the IG source. Once there, you'll see additional views.

From Instagram

Seeing beauties like this from years gone by, and seeing that they frequently remain in pristine condition, I am encouraged to forge on. Isn't this beautiful!??! I've not spent any time thinking about how I will set mine together, but this arrangement in white and yellow has to be considered. It's breathtaking!

Another way I am motivated to keep on stitching is to check in weekly with the party girls at Kathy's Quilts. Her link up always provides inspiration and encouragement. Check out this week's Slow Sunday Stitching.

Happy Quilting, Friends!






3 comments:

  1. So many beautiful flowers! Just keep making hexies until the setting idea comes to you :) The white and yellow is so pretty.
    Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hexie flowers are so beautiful! I don't think I've ever seen one I didn't like, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Grandmother's Flower Garden quilt overspilling with gorgeous hexies in all hues and tones are the best! Yours, Jayne, are a visual delight! How pretty your hexie flowers grow.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!