Saturday, February 25, 2023

We're Home!

And we have been since Tuesday evening. It was a great vacation - one that will forever be memorable.

Because...

We bought a vacation home!

Our days of renting Air BnB's are over! We now have a place we can go to whenever we decide we want to get away. We found this double wide mobile home in the same resort that my cousins live in, and we couldn't be more thrilled with the find. It's near Floral City.

Buying was definitely NOT on the agenda, but we'd discussed it for some future time. Well, this property came available and the price was too good to pass up. We had the deed in hand in a week's time. Total serendipity! She was ready to sell; we were situated to buy. BOOM! Done deal.

We will be going back in 2-3 weeks when the seller has moved. We will be cleaning and sprucing it up; moving things around; decorating; you know - all the fun stuff! I will definitely have before/after pics coming.

With that bit of surprising news out of the way, let's talk quilts. I could NOT focus on diamonds when Sharon was here to sew on Thursday. It just seemed far too daunting. (It really isn't; my brain was the issue!) Click here to see the diamond quilt I worked on while in Florida.

Instead, I just reached for a batch of HSTs that have resided on the back of my sewing table for far too many months. Sew 'em together! Who knows what they will become!

That pile of HSTs made these 6 blocks. I didn't really try to "place" anything in order; in other words: no thinking! I like how this looks, yet I really don't "envision" anything in particular.

If I used just 4 blocks, I could very easily see a pillow front taking shape. Hmmm... That would leave me with leftover blocks, though. Maybe I should dig into the Kaffe Fassett tubs to make more HSTs. If I had 9 blocks or 12 blocks, I could easily have a nice table topper or wall hanging.

How did I find myself with all these HSTs? This quilt from last year, Ocean Ripple. March 2022! Gosh, I can't believe it was that far back. I remember when I was making Ocean Ripple, I didn't really know how many HSTs would be required for the rows that would form the outer border. So, (in true Jayne fashion) I just started making them; I know I was thinking, "Ah, just make a bunch. If I make too many, I will use them somehow." 


Here's a post from last March when I was finishing Ocean Ripple. My goal was to make several Kaffe Fassett quilts; this was one of them.

That's all for today, Peeps! Now that we are home, perhaps I can get back into the habit of more regular blog posts. I have really gotten lazy about it lately. 

Oh! One more thing! The first thing we did once we got back - a visit to see Cate, our dear granddaughter.

Getting ready for bed; almost 4 months!

Happy Quilting, Friends!



2 comments:

  1. How exciting to have your very own vacation home. It was serendipitous, indeed. Those HST's pack a wonderful colourful and patterned punch....so gorgeous. How sweet your little granddaughter is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your new winter home! Sounds like a lovely place for winter. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!