Sunday, February 19, 2023

Vacation Hexies

Gosh, have we had a fun month of fun and sun! Sewing/stitching has been very much on the back burner. It seems like a no-brainer to use the evenings for hand sewing, but I fall asleep almost instantly the minute I sit down - I am plum worn out from all the activity.

All that said, though, somehow I have managed to accomplish a tad bit before nodding off. Here is a smallish update.

Mostly, I have been prepping hexies. This little pile is such a satisfying sight to see. I will work out the combinations of colors later. Below is my finished pile of flowers (only the top 4 were done on this trip).

And that is another very satisfying pile! Over 20 flowers for my garden! With a garden such as this, can spring be far behind?? I love the variety of colors and combinations. It reminds me of English cottage gardens with their explosions of color. Makes me happy!

I did start a new flower last night and this is as far as I got before my eyelids got heavy. I can make plenty of flowers with just the first surround of color. The outer surround requires 12 hexies, and I don't have enough of one fabric in my little travel collection of prepped hexies. Outer rounds will have to be an added when I get back home.

So my slow stitching has been super-slow due to all the vacation fun. And I am so NOT mad about it! Progress is progress, as we all know. At least I moved forward. We have packed a lot of enjoyable and memorable events into this trip, and the sewing will save for slower days back at home.

I am linking to the fine seamstresses over at Kathy's Quilts and her Slow Sunday Stitching party. It's always a joy to stay in tune with the progress they make from week to week. 

Happy Quilting, Friends!


7 comments:

  1. Pretty hexie flowers! Great handwork project when you are in the go. Gail at the Cozy Quilter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are having a great vacation, I think you have made a lot of progress! your hexies are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great progress on the hexies. Lovely vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful hexies, looks like you have made great progress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have to live in the moment. The sewing will wait, the adventures won't. It sounds like you are having a wonderful vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hexies, hexies, hexies everywhere.......such a glorious sight! How pretty your little flowers look in those sweet prints. Your hexie garden is going to look beautiful. Fabulous you are having a wonderful vacation. A little hand stitching of hexies is the perfect way to spend many a relaxed evening.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!