Tuesday, May 21, 2024

Buckaroo Baby Quilt

Just after quilting McKenzie Mae’s quilt which I previously shared, I immediately loaded the other baby quilt waiting to be quilted. Buckaroo is going to another January baby, a little boy born to high school friends of DDEmma. 

 
I'll tell you what - a properly working long arm machine is an absolute dream, and I will have another one loaded on ASAP. I know now to change my needle, do a thorough cleaning of lint from all working parts, and then give it a good drink of oil. I do these things faithfully after two big quilts or three small quilts.

So, now Buckaroo is finished. As I did with McKenzie's quilt, I machine-stitched the binding. It just makes sense when gifting a baby quilt. It is my hope that the parents will use these quilts often and therefore be laundering often, so make them sturdy! And machine-stitched bindings are sturdy, to be sure.

In that link I posted at the top, you will find cutting instructions for making this quilt from a layer cake (10-inch squares) and have very little waste as a result. I have made three of these in the last year, and I am running low on layer cakes. That's all right. I have other options. *wink*


I always try to add a label to the back corner; and I have been making pieced backs on these last two quilts. It really helps to use up the stash. I have at least two more of baby quilts to make, so more pieced backing will be in my future. 

Since I've run low on layer cakes, maybe my next baby quilt will feature pinwheels. I think those are fun for babies.

Hope you are having a wonderful Tuesday! It's gonna be a hot one here today, and I will be stitching up a storm!

Happy Quilting, Friends! 

Jayne

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure you could find some yardage to cut up for another baby quilt. I pulled a layer cake to be use in making a quilt. Thanks for the cutting directions!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!