Friday, May 3, 2024

New Dress For Cate!

Maybe as much as a year ago, DDErin handed off three pieces of fabric from her small stash. She thought I would be more likely to have time for making clothes for Cate than she would. I've just finished the third and last piece - the middle stripe, below. The top one became a little dress; the navy on the bottom became a pair of bib overalls.

The pastel stripe became this darling wrap-dress, below. While in Florida, I shopped specifically for a suitable lining to pair with the stripe, and it turned out better than I'd ever have imagined. They look great together. But this wasn't the pattern I'd originally intended to make.

Yes, I changed my mind. That's perfectly acceptable, right? Originally, I thought I would make an option on this vintage pattern, but in the midst of planning that one, I I saw an adorable wrap-dress on the world-wide web, I just knew I wanted to try one. It turned out as cute as can be. Click to see the pattern I bought on Etsy.

Here’s a clearer pic of the lining fabric with the fabric Erin chose.  I'm quite pleased with the combination. And - the best part - I have enough of both pieces left over with which to make some bloomers. Now to find a pattern for those...


Happy Quilting, Friends!

Jayne

1 comment:

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!