Monday, September 30, 2024

A New Baby! And Baby Quilts

 A few weeks or maybe a month ago, I dabbled in the Kaffe Fassett fabrics and made some blocks for a baby quilt. Actually, two. We seem to be having so many babies coming lately - our own daughter, and friends and family are adding babies one after another it seems.

Anyway, I used some KF fabrics paired with some solids from my stash to come up with 2 baby quilts. One is definitely for our daughter's new baby, and one is an extra for any of the little girls already here or are coming soon.

My thought was that I would imitate the quilt I made in 2022 for Cate. Click here to see it. Since I didn't use a pattern and made it up as I went, I did the same thing on these 2 new ones. The sizing for these two new ones is smaller, but still they'll be okay for newborns, I think.

The two quilts are identical except for the binding. One is bound with a remnant binding made from lots of scrap strips. The other is bound with a single fabric cut from some yardage. The backing is a blue solid - and yes, these are intended for baby girls, but I didn't have pink yardage - and all has been from the stash. Use it up!

And, YES!! Our little one arrived early this morning! Reagan Jayne Storey stormed into the world at 6:53am, and weighed in at 8lbs. 3oz. She's a long girl at 21 inches. We are a tall family, and so is Glen's, so length was to be expected. Emma is doing great and this sweet new family has a whole lot of love surrounding them.

Happy Birthday, Reagan! We got up to the hospital before she was 6 hours old, and to say we are in love is a major understatement. Emma pulled off quite a surprise with her name! Neither Kevin nor I had any idea they were planning that middle name for her, and consequently I have been a borderline emotional mess all day! A happy mess, though, to be sure.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

Jayne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!