Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Some Long-Arming Done

 We are still waiting on a baby over here, but my time hasn't been spent just twiddling my thumbs. In fact, If grannies can have "nesting" instincts, then maybe that explains my energy these past couple of days.

This quilt had been loaded onto the long arm machine for over a week while I fiddled and fussed with setting my tension. When I finally was satisfied with how both top and bottom looked, I took off and had this little pretty done up in no time. 

I made those blocks on a whim back in mid-September, and they ended up being laid out a bit differently that what you see above, but with only 9 blocks, it is basically the same.


You can see the sweet little daisy print that I selected for the backing. The centers of each flower really pick up the solids I used in the blocks. 

And the best part: all from existing stash!

I used the backing fabric as the binding, hand stitched that these past couple of days, and even added a label. It is ready to go meet its baby! 

You might want to click here to read up on when and why I made the blocks. It was total impulse, let me tell you. And, yes, I still seem to operate my best when great ideas and multiple starts are piling up all around me. 

I'll share some of the other seemingly "nesting" activities that have been going on around here in an upcoming post. For now,

Happy Quilting, Friends!


3 comments:

  1. Your quilt is beautiful! I love the Kaffe fabrics with the solids in these blocks. Great finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there a pattern for this quilt? Have some stash I would like to use. Thank you

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!