Quilting Fun


While I love the satisfaction of finishing a quilt, it isn't the only way to have fun with quilting. Fun also comes from the great outings with girlfriends, shopping expeditions with Grandma, or just sitting in my "thoughtful spot" chair perusing magazines and books. The thrill of the next project waiting just there on the horizon...

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Leap Day Quilting

How cool is it to get an extra day this month for quilting? I am going to try to get in some quality sewing time this evening. I need to be making faster progress on a quilt that I'm making for friend Terry's guild mystery quilt class. I'm using some really luscious blues from my Kaffe Fassett and Westminster Fibers stash.

Wanna' take a peek? Dumb question; of course you do! Who can resist those blues?

I do love working with Westminster's blues . . . I made 2 blue quilts last summer, and added another in multi-florals of all colors after that.

I can never remember the name of the quilt I'm making for Terry. I will report in as I make some progress.

Spent the biggest part of today at Grandma's - still cleaning our kitchen cupboards and drawers. I brought home a few treasures today: a measuring cup she's had since my mother was a baby, some carving and paring knives, a crock and other miscellaneous utensils like spatulas, ladles and slotted spoons.

2 comments:

Barb said...

Oh...love the fabrics!!

Stephanie said...

What a beautiful trio. Next to green, blue is my second favorite color. How special to have some of grandma's treasures.