Saturday, August 25, 2012

Sewing With Sharon

We have been rather sporadic with our sewing dates this summer, to say the least. If it's not one thing, it's another, and we just can't seem to get our schedules coordinated! We finally managed to make a date for Thursday. Since we are both in the same book club, Sharon just made a whole day of it and we went together.

The sewing: well, Sharon worked on Tag Sale and I worked on Great Granny squares. Actually, I did a bit more than that - I also made 2 pillow cases for Emma to take to OU, and a spectacular (if I do say so myself) dinner for the family to have while we were at dinner with book club.


Sharon had hoped to get all the rows completed on Tag Sale, but she still had these 4 seams to do when we had to leave. Since it's been awhile since I showed anything on her quilt, I will remind you that she is using 2 different lines of fabrics by Robin Pandolph for a wonderfully muted and relaxing quilt.


Dreamy, isn't it?

Here are the pillow cases I made for Emma. Totally the opposite of dreamy, muted and relaxed, wouldn't you say?


Do you recognize the fabric? Yes, I let her raid my Kaffe Fassett bin, and this is what she selected. I think they look great, and I honestly don't think I could have used the fabric for any other project with such wonderful results. She is beyond thrilled with them, and I have to say I am, too.

I will show you my new GG squares later. Also, in upcoming posts, I have a quilt tour through friend Sheryll's house, and an update on the Frankfort girls' bi-weekly get together. Stay tuned!

Happy Quilting, Friends!
 

3 comments:

  1. I love Tag Sale~ it is going to be a wonderful, dreamy quilt! And your pillowcases are great! My DD would flip over them too. :-) Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I'm over from sew many ways. These colours caught my eye. Beautiful. Love all your granny's too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I especially love those bright pillowcases! So fun!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!