Monday, November 20, 2017

Busy Weekend; Busy Week

We are coming into the time of year when our schedules get packed full of family and holiday obligations. Both DH and I have large families; consequently, our calendar is filling up fast. And I love it! Seeing family we haven't seen in awhile, reconnecting with them and making plans to visit and share - I just can't get enough of it.

Over the weekend, we had a happy getaway with my mother's side of the family. Several of her cousins live out of state - Montana and Maryland, mostly. For this crew to get together with any regularity is challenging, as you can imagine. Somewhere along the line, someone figured out that choosing a weekend in the fall when the OSU Buckeyes play at home would be ideal for also scheduling a mini-reunion. We book a hotel near the campus; some have game tickets; some do not; we have big gatherings for breakfasts and late-night pizza; those who don't attend the game hang out in a sports pub nearby - it is hugely fun! And it's always better when the home team wins, don't you know! *wink*

With all the fun and frivolity of activities like this, sewing and quilting are the furthest thing from my mind. All I have to share today is the gifting of the baby quilt I recently finished to my nephew's wife. I had no idea she was using teal in her color scheme, but she is, and this quilt fits perfectly! What a happy accident!


I attended the baby shower yesterday afternoon with my mom, sister and niece. We had a nice car ride down toward Cincinnati for that fun event. So you see? Family stuff all weekend long. No complaining about it from me, at all! Elisa was genuinely thrilled to get the quilt; this makes me ever so happy.


I bought the fabric at the Circleville quilt show in August, and made the quilt top earlier this month. I quilted it last Thursday and stitched the binding with the Frankfort girls on Friday morning. I have to remark that a quilt made, finished and gifted all in the same year the fabric was purchased is a rare occurrence for me, as is giving the quilt prior to the birth of the baby! What is up with me?? Have I turned over a new leaf? (It's doubtful.)


This week, even with a low-key Thanksgiving, we have many places to go and family on both sides to see. I am always happy to report that not one ounce of shopping is ever included in my Thanksgiving week plans, with the likely exception of groceries.

Sharon is coming to sew tomorrow at which time I plan to construct my November UFO quilt top. I will be sure to bring you progress on that as well as a couple of surprises (hopefully) as we near Thanksgiving.

Hope you all have a great Monday! If you have time, pop over to Monday Making, where I am linked.

Happy Quilting, Friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!