Sunday, January 15, 2012

Frankfort Friday

The quilting babes of Frankfort *snicker!* got together on Friday for some stitching and quilting. We had our first blast of winter -finally - so we were 'over the river and through the woods' on this moring!! Brrrrrr, was it shivery! Temperatures in the 17-19 degree range, but wind chills in the 5 degree range! Gracious!

Everyone made it despite the wintry conditions, and we had some yummy muffins and coffee in Terry's cozy kitchen.

Sharon had a sweet finish to show us - a happy little table runner in festive holiday fabrics. This was a kit she'd had; wouldn't you love to have this on your Christmas table?



Sharon's stitching for the morning was this table topper.

I worked on handquilting the border on an old UFO; a Schnibbles from almost 2 years ago. It's been taking up valuable space in my sewing room for far too long, so it's time to finish it off and make use of it somewhere!

 In searching for the pic, I found that I made Tagalong in April of 2010. Somewhere along the line, I began hand quilting it. I remember stopping when I got to the borders because I wasn't sure how I wanted to quilt them. That is when I brought home the box of templates from under Grandma's bed. She had a border template that pleased me, so now I'm going to finish it. (I swear, sometimes I need a fire lit under me to get me moving on things.)

Sheryll, JoAnn and Terry were working on things that I think have already been pictured here on the blog from previous get-togethers. That's the way this every-other-Friday-thing works - we save these projects for just this time. The good thing about that is that we always have a hand-stitching project ready to go; the downside, however, is that I don't have any new photos to share. No biggie.

A new project has arrived on my to-do list. Terry is running another mystery quilt for her guild's retreat, and she asked if I'd be interested in making a quilt that she could use as an example. I will need to have that done by March. It's a twin-size quilt, and the pieces aren't terribly small, so I think I can accomplish it. I will need to get crackin' on it, though! Time flies, and March will be here before we know it! The pattern is by Debbie Caffrey.

When I got home from quilting, this lovely bouquet was waiting for me from DD Emma. Aren't they pretty? Yours truly will be blowing out some birthday candles on Sunday (today). *grin*


Happy Quilting, Friends!

1 comment:

  1. This all fabrics look so cute and awesome.It use on the table decorations.This all pics are so nice.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!