Saturday, April 28, 2012

Nature Study

Since I haven't done much if any quilting this week, I will share a couple of nature-related pics I have taken recently.

A couple of weeks ago when I was sewing at Sharon's house, she pointed this out to me.

This bush is just outside her front door, on the way to the car. Look what was down inside it.

Pretty little speckled birds' eggs! One got shoved out, so I assume this is how birds deal with non-viable eggs. I  have no idea what kind of bird these eggs belong to, but I suppose bird enthusiasts know how to identify them. I just thought it was cool.

Now, if you can handle just a little bit more nature, take a look at what we could see beyond our back yard yesterday morning.

Can you see the deer? Actually, there are 2, one standing in front of the other. And there were 4, but by the time I got the camera ready to go (needed batteries! aarrgghh!), the others had walked on to the right and out of view. They stayed for the longest time just grazing there in the woods where DH has cleared away the underbrush. 

I know city dwellers and those in more suburban areas see deer in their yards quite often, and consider them pests. It's sort of unusual for us to see them, though, out here in the country. And we are really out in the country.

Now, since this is a quilting blog, I will share something that relates. It's a barn on the way to Athens, where my DD attends Ohio University. She snapped this pic for me as we motored past it.


Isn't that pleasing to look at? I love how colorful it is. Makes the long drive to and from Athens a bit more pleasant, know what I mean? It's out in the middle of nowhere, so I often miss it.

Well, that combines quilting with the nature study. It was the best I could do!

Happy Quilting, Friends!


2 comments:

  1. Great barn with the quilt design! And I love the sweet little birds nest and your visiting deer! I have weeks I don't get much quilting done too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely nest! Wonder why that one is off to the side like that?

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!