Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Slow To Start

Listless might best describe me lately. Over the weekend, I came down with something, and I've just not been very industrious ever since. A seriously aggravating result of this listlessness is that my work on Carson's Courtyard has been very nearly non-existent.

I began cutting it out while the Frankfort girls were here on Friday morning. When I realized I was not concentrating as I should (too much chit-chat, you know!) I slowed down to avoid making mistakes. It remained spread out on the kitchen counter all weekend.

I finished cutting Monday morning, and took it all back up to the sewing room.  Here is where it still sits today, 24 hours later.


The cutting instructions were not complicated, but it did require counting...to an old English teacher, that requires concentration, and with girlfriends in the house, I knew there would be very little of that! *wink*

You can see that the colors are largely fall-themed, and I've used a lot of my older Thimbleberries and Moda fabrics, with a fair amount of select reproductions thrown in, as well.

That's a pile of 6.5" squares on the right. There needed to be 6 cut from each fat quarter. The strips on the right are the pieces that will be used for the binding. (I wonder how long it will be before I get to that point??) In the upper right corner, I have 4-inch squares that are to be used for the border cornerstones. I held off cutting the last two because I wanted to dig for a suitable fabric.

So now I just need to get busy stitching! It looks like an easy pattern, and should be a whiz using chain-piecing methods.


I did myself a little favor when I was finishing off several of those fat quarters. Instead of folding them back up to stick in the drawer, I went ahead and cut them into usable strips - 1.5"-, 2"-, and 2.5"- widths.

Hope you all are getting more accomplished than I am!

Happy Quilting, Friends!

3 comments:

  1. Sorry you're a bit under the weather, I hope you feel better soon.

    Those are beautiful, beautiful fabrics you're playing with.

    Oh, and no, I'm not achieving any more than you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are back to normal soon... you are brave to mix cutting and socializing - I'd have a big mess! Love those fabrics you are using. I too like to slice up my leftovers as I go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope you feel better soon. maybe body's way of saying slow down a bit. here's hoping you will be up and running again soon. If it is any consolation, I have not been making much progress due to moving LOL

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!