Monday, June 16, 2014

I'm Home

The vacation is over, and I am trying to get back into the groove of things here in the sewing room. In my previous post, I wondered if I would get any sewing done while away, and the answer is that I did! I sewed one - that's 1 - seam, which measured a whopping 8 inches. Whew. It was grueling. Instead of sewing, I put a fair amount of effort into anchoring my beach chair - got quite good at it, actually. *grin*

We had great weather all week long, and got up early every morning to see
the sunrise. Only one morning did we have too many clouds for viewing. This
picture is taken from the balcony of our 11th floor condo. Nice, huh?!
The view from the aforementioned beach chair. Perfect.
Toward the end of the week, we were treated to a full moon!
We went down to the beach for a night walk and some pictures.
Each evening, we tried a different restaurant for dinner. One of the best meals was the fresh
seafood at a smorgasbord called Captain George's. This is my first course - the soup and salad course.
Scrumptious. The soup is She Crab soup, and it was fantastic. The Clam Chowder was just as good.
We had an adventure on Wednesday in Georgetown, SC. We took a boat tour
of the "low country" and had a fantastic time! Tour guide Cap'n Rod was a
wealth of information and an entertaining host. One of the many things we
saw were dolphins frolicking in the water near our boat. 
The 4 women I vacationed with: Cheryl in the lower left corner, Dorothy, in
the white top, my mom, Jeannie, in red behind  her, and my sister Sandy
in the white visor. This is the boat we were on for the Low Country tour.
It was a great vacation; lots of laughing and giggling. No one got sunburned. We all got along great. Mom and Sandy taught the rest of us how to play bridge. (Cheryl and Dorothy took to it better than I did.) All in all, it was quite a successful week.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

3 comments:

  1. Welcome back. I must say that seafood platter looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds wonderful, and looks beautiful. You are forgiven for the lack of sewing. Who could with so much sun and sand to enjoy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a wonderful vacation! Thanks for sharing photos of the ocean. I do miss it so!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!