Monday, June 9, 2014

Simple Pillow Case

For a number of years, I hate to admit, I've had a contoured pillow that I sometimes use without a pillow case. Gross, I know. But its shape always rather intimidated me as far as designing something to fit. Well, I find that I am using the pillow more often lately, and I will be taking it with me to the beach, so it HAD to have a pillow case.


In the interest of saving time, I decided not to worry about making a case in the shape of the pillow; I would just make a normal case, smaller to fit this pillow. Inspired!!

First, I grabbed some fabrics; these are 3 fat quarters, of which I used all of two for the front and back, and only a bit of the third for the band.




All three have been in my stash for about 7 years, and I had no designated project for them, so I didn't think; I just grabbed them and began. In a matter of about 30 minutes, at most, I had a nice fresh pillow case! Why did it take me so long to make one??


1 comment:

Mary said...

That's the thing about procrastination, we build up the job to enormous proportions. Love the fabrics, and now you can enjoy them rather than hidden away in stash