Monday, June 9, 2014

Simple Pillow Case

For a number of years, I hate to admit, I've had a contoured pillow that I sometimes use without a pillow case. Gross, I know. But its shape always rather intimidated me as far as designing something to fit. Well, I find that I am using the pillow more often lately, and I will be taking it with me to the beach, so it HAD to have a pillow case.


In the interest of saving time, I decided not to worry about making a case in the shape of the pillow; I would just make a normal case, smaller to fit this pillow. Inspired!!

First, I grabbed some fabrics; these are 3 fat quarters, of which I used all of two for the front and back, and only a bit of the third for the band.




All three have been in my stash for about 7 years, and I had no designated project for them, so I didn't think; I just grabbed them and began. In a matter of about 30 minutes, at most, I had a nice fresh pillow case! Why did it take me so long to make one??


1 comment:

  1. That's the thing about procrastination, we build up the job to enormous proportions. Love the fabrics, and now you can enjoy them rather than hidden away in stash

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!