The quilting will soon be commencing on Elisa's big quilt. To make sure I knew what I was doing, and that all would go as intended, I did a little trial run with some bits cut to a little quilt size.
One thing I did before quilting this little quilt was to very heavily spray starch and press both the top and the back. I think my results worked so well because my fabric was so stiff. I plan to do this with the quilt, as well.
Last evening, Elisa and I texted back and forth quite a bit about the loft of the batting I should get. I am going to go with a poly-cotton blend in a loft on the high side. Not totally puffy, but she wants this to look like a bedspread, so I mustn't get one that is too low-loft. I am headed out to make the purchase now!
Happy Quilting, Friends!