Sunday, August 20, 2017

Slow Stitching All Week Long

Normally, I think this slow Sunday stitching is supposed to mean that we slow down our frantic weekday paces on Sunday, take needle and thread in hand, and recharge our bodies, our creative juices and find peace and solitude in a slow, more methodical pace.

This past week, however, I have done more slow stitching than anything else. I think I've already written that I picked up the Sunbonnet Sue quilt on Tuesday. I spent part of Wednesday through Saturday hand stitching the binding. It was pleasant work, and I truly enjoyed the slower pace.


The compromise, for me at least, was to have the quilting done in a "modern" way - by a long-arm quilter, and then I would hand stitch the binding. My customer selected a beautiful print and I loved working with both it and the antique quilt top. I delivered the quilt last evening and she - the customer - was thrilled with the result. I have to say I am, too. I just loved examining these little sues while I stitched.




This last shot shows more of the backing. I don't recall the line of fabric; I have thrown out all selvages, apparently.  Still, I know it's a relatively current line, yet it works so well with the vintage fabrics in the top. Love, love, love everything about this darling quilt.

Kathy, my customer, says that the birthday party is coming up in September and that not only will her mother be surprised, but so, too, will various other members of the family, as she has told no one that she has had this quilted. I hope she will take a few pictures and send them my way; if she does, I will follow up with what could be quite an awesome little story.

Hope you have some slow Sunday stitching! I am linking up with Kathy's Quilts.

Happy Quilting, Friends!



1 comment:

  1. Sunbonnet Sue is a traditional favorite. Getting it done in one week is great. Thanks for sharing this sweet quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!