Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Additional Blockheads 2 Update

Over the weekend, I took some time to make a couple more BH2 blocks, just to prove to myself that I was hanging in there with this sew-along. I have a bit of a history of beginning these things, and then not finishing them for a very long time.

In the historic York fabric (my name/I needed a short way to reference it), I have made Fidget Spinner, a very complicated block. I might have gotten this one right. But maybe not. (I know for sure that the one in the other colorway I'm doing is wrong.) Right or wrong, it is staying this way.



In the pastel colorway, the block looks totally different, and I really missed the whole idea of a spinning effect in the block. Oh well; I'm probably not changing it.



While working on these blocks, I had a book queued up on my Overdrive app listening to my third Susan Meissner book, The Shape of Mercy. I am so glad I discovered this author; I love historical fiction and she is a gem. This particular book dealt with the time of the Salem Witch Trials.

So let's have a look at all my completed blocks. First, all 8 of my York blocks.


And now, all 8 of my pastel blocks.


Same blocks, but very different looks. That always fascinates me with quilt blocks. The placement of fabrics makes a world of difference in the look. In the end, though, it nearly always looks good.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

1 comment:

  1. This is an informative post which is so clear and understandable. It is excellent information with unique content of this blog and it is very useful to know about the information based on blogs.
    audio engineering course

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!