Monday, September 3, 2018

Lake Effect Update

After posting late Saturday night about things I thought I might try to accomplish in the new month, I had a comment from Gretchen asking about my progress on Lake Effect. It hadn't even occurred to me to add this to the list of projects for September, as I have steadily worked on it all year long, especially on those Friday get-togethers with the Frankfort Girls.


I am continuing to sew rows of 6 hexies together, and soon I will have to consult the pattern a bit more frequently to see the height and width of the sections I will be needing. I have done a bit of this already (click here to see), but I stopped when I realized that to optimize my random placement of fabrics and colors, I needed units rather than individual hexies. Blending will be easier with bigger pieces to move around - at least that's the hope!

Over this Labor Day weekend, we had a Sunday trip to our niece's in the Columbus area, so I took my little sewing pouch with me to stitch while DH drove. In just that couple of hours on the road, I  stitched 4  6-unit strips together. On Friday morning, we Frankfort Girls met at Sheryll's and I did about 5 strips there, so the last few days have been productive -- and the weekend isn't over yet. *grin*


I know that very soon I will need to print out the pattern pieces for the appliqued panels and begin that process. I admitted in a recent Instagram post that I have an inherent disinclination toward applique, but I am determined to overcome it. This will really test me, but I am ready for the challenge!


Thanks, Gretchen, for thinking to ask about Lake Effect, and for being so faithful to comment frequently. I appreciate you so much! Here's Gretchen's blog, if some of my readers would like to give her some love, click over and take a peek around! In addition to being a quilter, she's a diary farmer! I was raised on a dairy farm, so I know what a special life you live, Gretchen!

Happy Quilting, Friends!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you're still working on Lake Effect. Sometimes it's easy to set aside projects. Thanks for the compliments! I enjoy your blog. Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!