Sunday, September 9, 2018

Remember Blockheads?

When Blockheads 2 began about 3 months ago, I joined in and remained caught up through the first month. At some point about week 5 or 6 I found myself snagged on a block that required more fabric than my fat-quarters could handle. I could not muster the problem-solving mentality at the time to figure out an alternative, so I put it aside.

Now that at least 15 block patterns have been released, I have scolded myself that I'd better buckle down, or else I may never catch up. With some new resolve, I pulled out the patterns (even though I have not been sewing, I have faithfully printed off each pattern) with the idea that I'd make the easiest one.


Of all the blocks I have waiting to be made, I selected this one called With A Plus. Basic, right? I sure didn't need to invest tons of brain waves to crank this one out. If you recall, I am making two versions of the BH2 blocks, and the second colorway is finished, as well. Low contrast in the one; high contrast in the other. I like them both. No need to choose favorites.


I promise that I sew in straight lines, but both of these blocks look a bit off on at least one side. Maybe I need to press more carefully. Anyhoo, I know they are okay.

Happy Quilting, Friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!