Sunday, September 16, 2018

Lake Effect Work Continues

Since it's a Slow Sunday sort of day, and since I actually have been hand-stitching my Lake Effect hexies today, I thought I would share the progress.


Way back at the beginning of 2018, I had an entire project tub full of these individual elongated hexies waiting to be stitched together. Now, the 3 stacks in the photo above are all the individual ones remaining. I have stitched all the rest into larger units. These two January posts contain photographic evidence of my progress: Jan. 7, and Jan. 21.

Most of my stitching in recent weeks has been to sew 6 hexies together. These will then be connected one on top of another to make a long column of hexies.


Don't they look tidy all stacked up like this? After doing so many of these, I have become quite quick at stitching a unit together. Next will be to get back to making the larger units.

When I first began this quilt, I reminded myself not to dwell on the gazillions of little bits needing to be sewn together. Instead, I thought only about getting one little part done at a time. Dwelling on the big stuff is overwhelming. Focusing on a small unit at a time is totally doable.

I invite you to visit Kathy at her Slow Sunday Stitching link-up. A plethora of hand-stitchers are meeting there to share their activities, including me!

Happy Quilting, Friends!


3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am actually working with slimmer elongated hexies. They are quite small. It is true to just focus on the little picture so as to not be overwhelmed. Love your hexies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’d love to see your hexie project! Slimmer ones seem mighty small - that would definitely be a daunting task. 😉

      Delete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!