Sunday, September 30, 2018

September Wrap-Up

What a beautiful Sunday here in Ohio! The weather is perfect; our windows are open; we have the fountain out back which sounds so nice, plus the birds, the occasional breeze that sweeps through the windchimes. I just love this time of year.

While putting together my collage for September I realized that I had only a small amount of sewing pictures to share. That makes sense, since I posted fewer blog entries this month than any in recent memory.


The first two pictures of the top row represent a major vehicular change at our house. We'd had two older cars that were just simply in need of too many repairs. They were so bad we couldn't even drive them without a jump-start or whatnot. Finally, DH found a truck he liked at our favorite used car dealer, and we struck a deal. The truck is a Honda Ridgeline, used, and will serve our needs quite well. Best of all, it will be something we can rely on, at last.

The third picture in the top row is of the Columbus skyline, taken last Sunday when we walked with the kids. I mentioned in my opening that today is a gorgeous day, but last Sunday was a beauty, too. If you skip ahead to the center pic of the collage, you will see how many steps and miles we walked that day. My legs and tootsies ached through Wednesday.

The first picture in the middle row shows you some furniture makeover work in our garage. Old, hand-me-down end tables have gotten a fresh new look and now sit on either side of our new sofa. I will do a post on the family room re-do soon.

The last picture in the middle row is my current progress on Picnic at Daybreak, aka my basket quilt. If I worked hard later today, I could have it together before the month is out, but I doubt I will muster that kind of focus between now and day's end. *grin*

The bottom row of the collage features two more sewing projects - the hexies for Lake Effect and the hand-quilting I will be taking to History Day. The middle pic is of the aforementioned new sofa along with the easy chair, which is also new.

*We also went to the Columbus Parade of Homes this month.

*And we got to 'kitty sit' for adorable little Rocky.

*We celebrated an 80th birthday with a college prof and his wife.

*We paid tribute to the late Burt Reynolds when we attended a movie night with friends as they projected Smokey and The Bandit on the wall of their barn.

*We learned to polka last night at Greenfield's Oktoberfest celebration. 

With September wrapped up, what is on the horizon for October? First, I will be finishing the basket quilt top. One other that simply must be finished: the triangle baby quilt. Now, I know of another new baby coming at the end of December, and I will be whipping up something for that first-time mom's baby shower in about 3 weeks. *yikes!*

Sharon is coming on Tuesday, and we will each sew a Chock Full of Charms quilt while we are together. I have several Betsy Chutchian charm packs that I will use, I think. There are other options, too, so I still could change my mind.

Yes, there will be more - I hope! - but that's what is in my immediate future.

I'm gonna' go enjoy the rest of this beautiful day!!

Happy Quilting, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!