Thursday, September 27, 2018

Forever Planning the Next Quilt

It must be an inherent quilters' quality because I know of many quilters who do this very thing: we have plans for a gazillion quilts all while we are finishing up a current one. We quilters are forever looking forward to the next exciting project, anticipating a great new beginning - touching the fabric, creating a new pattern, or remaking an old favorite. Gives me a thrill just typing about it!

I suppose you have guessed that I have some plans in the works for after my basket quilt top is made, right? I have several, actually.

First, I have a special Christmas quilt I want to get busy on and since that involves secret sewing, I won't be saying any more about that. Second, Sharon and I want to make another 'Chock Full of Charm' quilt using charm packs. Third, I need to put the border on the baby quilt I was making earlier this summer, as the baby was born on Sunday! (Welcome to the world, Grady!)

And last, (for now) I want to make a jelly roll quilt, seeing as how I missed the great Jelly Roll Sewing day back in the middle of the month.

I actually have pulled my jelly roll and matched it up with a neutral from my stash. This very special Minick and Simpson Indigo Crossing jelly roll will be paired with this old Anna Barnes neutral - so old, in fact, that I have absolutely no idea how old it is, nor when or where I bought it.


Recently, Sharon made a jelly roll quilt called Daisy Chain, and I am leaning toward doing that same pattern with this combination. Since I still have a bit of time to decide, I won't firm up my plans for a week or so.

Speaking of Sharon, we have decided to take a break from every week sewing, as she has taken on a more active Grandma role. But we aren't giving it up entirely, and this next Tuesday we will be sharing a day together! Yay! She wants to work on Chock Full of Charms, and I will do the same.

I hope you are having a great Thursday!
Happy Quilting, Friends!

3 comments:

  1. I know very well the planning the next quilt while finishing a different one. Enjoy all your sewing, the fabrics you show are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love to see that stack of hexies...and you are so right; somehow there is always another quilt pattern with our name on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing such a great blog I'm gonna' go enjoy the rest of this beautiful day.

    Overseas student accommodation in the UK

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!