Saturday, September 1, 2018

Hello September!


And just like that, August is gone and here we are in a brand-spanking new month. Whew. That went fast, didn't it?


My collage for August includes some fun summertime activities couched between my work on the basket quilt. I only had a few of the blocks completed as the month opened, but have steadily progressed due to audio books and diligence.

The basket quilt with the curved handles is from the Circleville Quilt Show made by my friend, Sheryll of Frankfort Girls fame. I made the small pillow with remnant fabric from our family room curtains and a yard sale pillow form. The bigger pillow in the middle row is pieced for an update for our bed. The center photo is from our afternoon ball game to see the Cleveland Indians play the Twins. We spent a Saturday morning walking a 5K to raise money for sweet Michele (last pic, center row), who is fighting cancer. In the bottom row, the Frienzies enjoyed an afternoon at Susan's pool. I tackled a small re-hab project by spray painting a little shelf. And, of course, the basket quilt takes shape.

Those are the highlights worth mentioning and for which I had photographic records. Hubs and I had some fun visits with our daughters in Columbus. We also had visits with other family, both on his side and mine.

So what does September bring?

I will attempt to finish the basket quilt top. I have the border flannel for that baby quilt I worked on earlier in the summer, so I should try to finish it. I have meant to work on holiday bazaar projects all summer, yet have nothing prepared. If I am going to participate, I'd better get to work. I have some books to read. Of course, classes are under way, so I will have real "work" to do, and I don't want to get behind! I must make myself stay on top of it; I hate that drowning feeling one gets if school work is allowed to pile up.

Let's make the most of September, shall we?

Happy Quilting, Friends!

1 comment:

  1. Have you had time to work on your EPP project? Sounds like you already have enough to do. Love your basket quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!