Friday, December 21, 2018

Brunch With Frienzies

Back-to-back posts about back-to-back brunches. I have taken on the role of hostess this past week, volunteering to welcome two of my favorite groups. You read about the quilters who came last week. Now let me share the fun we had when the Frienzies came for a day of Holiday Cheer.


My table was set for only 7 - we sadly missed our Frienzie Lyn due to her husband's illness. The gift bags contain the parts for a craft we worked on later in the day. The tablecloth is a giant piece of Roman Holiday home dec fabric that I found on a sale display years ago in Holmes County. I think there was 10 or 12 yards of it and I bought it all. I cut it in half to share with Sharon. I love bringing it out every Christmas - just makes me so happy!!

And even happier are Frienzies around the table!! From left to right: Kay, Susan, Hettie, Pam, Sharon and Sherrie. All of us taught together at Chillicothe HS and most retired from there. Hettie, our youngster, still teaches, but she has moved to Southeastern HS.

This group picture is a bit blurry, but it's the best we have. I notice that my star on top of my tree has fallen over! Oh well, it may just stay that way through the remainder of the holidays.

The craft mentioned earlier was a big hit. I saw the idea on Pinterest and bought the supplies at Pat Catan's in Washington CH. We simply had to paint the pedestal and let dry; glue the jar to the pedestal; tie a ribbon around the top; fill with colorful candies. If I were to make another one, I would add a round flat base for stability. It tips over too easily, as it's top-heavy. Pam says she is going to use an old plate for that. (Pam, send a pic! I will use it!)

We exchanged gifts and had a slow, leisurely morning and mid-day enjoying the great companionship. Our monthly get-togethers are wonderful; each and every time I am grateful that we all make the effort to keep our group going strong. Friendships need nourishing, and we are committed to feeding ours! (Literally and figuratively!)

Sharon stayed later for sewing!! I have some pictures of our latest sewing room activity and will bring that to you tomorrow!

Happy Quilting, Friends!



1 comment:

  1. It worked great to have the 2nd group since you probably had already thoroughly cleaned house the week before. Glad you had a lovely time with your friends. Peaceful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!