Sunday, December 23, 2018

Craft Update

On Thursday, the Frienzies were here for brunch. You read all about the big day in my last post. You also read that we did a quick and easy craft. After we finished said craft, everyone agreed that the glammed-up candy dishes were top-heavy; they had a strong tendency to tip over with just the slightest jostling. Some of the girls have remedied the situation, and the results look fantastic. Here's the before picture.

They sure look pretty, and they were certainly easy to build, but we quickly realized that tipping was a concern. Someone mentioned that adding a flat base would solve the problem. Three Frienzies have followed through. Take a look.

Pam had lots of mismatched plates which had been used at a family wedding, so she grabbed one and glued it on. Perfect!

Hettie painted a base in festive, holiday green and attached it to the red pedestal. Works great with the red and green M&Ms.

Susan used a spatter-ware plate to stabilize her candy dish. It gives it more of a country look, wouldn't you say? It works, for sure. I am glad everyone has taken these different directions with the base. They are individualized; each one is really reflective of the maker.

Also in the last post, I shared my little impromptu quilt made while Sharon and I sewed. I have taken a better picture of it, and thought you'd like to take a look.


Pom Pom de Paris is an old fabric line from French General; I had a FQ pack that I'd just barely dipped into. I could make several more of these. Maybe I will. Currently undecided. *grin*

Happy Quilting, Friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!