Monday, December 31, 2018

Final Post of 2018

But NOT my final post ever. I have decided that I want to continue to blog, and after giving the entire situation a good amount of pondering, I do think I can keep it going. I will talk more on this in the coming days; for now, I want to show you my final project for 2018.

Simple Sixteen is a free pattern I found several months ago, and as I wanted to get one more fast finish in before year's end, this was perfect for easy, satisfying work. The pattern comes from a company called Fort Worth Fabric Studio, and the website has quite a few very attractive free patterns available. I do expect that I will make some of them.


So on Wednesday, the day after Christmas, I cut these out. The original pattern is a 9-block design, but they tell you that it can easily be enlarged which I did. I had enough 30s prints on hand to make 20 blocks.


By last evening (Sunday) I put the final rows together. It was fun and pretty much mindless. Just the type of project my brain needed after all the hustle-bustle of the month.





My stitching had really slowed these past few weeks and I believe this lack of sewing was my major reason for fewer blog posts. Sometimes a break is a good thing, though. I definitely had lots going on around here, which took precedence over stitching. Finally, when an easy project presents itself for those days that linger between Christmas and New Year, grab on and go with it!

Have a safe New Year's Eve, if you are going out to celebrate. We will go to Harold and Judy's with our friends Bob and Vickie - the 6 of us have been doing New Years for 25 years, I think.

Happy New Year and Happy Quilting, Friends!


6 comments:

  1. What a wonderful quilt, fast and quick! Very lovely. I'm going to remember this pattern for sure. Sometimes we need a break from sewing and come back refreshed. Yesterday I read a book all afternoon and I'm ready for sewing again today. Maybe this year be full of peace and good health for you and your family. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gretchen! You are always so sweet to comment regularly. I really appreciate your input! Happy New Year!

      Delete
  2. I am glad you are going to carry on with the blog, however you go forward with it, know I have enjoyed reading your journey. Thank you for the reference for where you found your quilt pattern, it is very pretty quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Polly. I hope you find the pattern as easy as I did. It is great to get something done so fast. Happy New Year!

      Delete
  3. Lovely quilt - simplicity and speed are a good way to get back to sewing after a break. I'm glad you will continue to blog. I find the frequency of my blog posts tends to be in step with the pace of my sewing. There are other things to be doing and taking breaks is ok. I think, well if I don't have time to write a post then many other people are probably thinking at the same time they don't have time to read blog posts! We do what we can!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought about others being too must to read blogs, but I like that idea! I have enjoyed my blog journey, so I will soldier on through this little drought. Happy New Year!

      Delete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!